Saturday, January 14, 2017

Command Decision WW2 - US Infantry and German Parachite Infantry.


So in a short break between restoring\painting ACW armies I spent a few days kick starting my ww2 command decision armies. I am planning to have forces for Utah Beach\Cherbourg area as there is a good mix of units on both sides and as the German Divisions in that region were badly equipped, I can use a lot of different vehicles. I have kept these guys pretty simple - paint and a wash really, with a very simple flock base. Thought it better to get the units done than mess around on too much detail.


6th Parachute Regiment.

I had painted some German's a while back. Here are a few of the Para's that I based along with the Americans.





  1st Battalion, 8th Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Division, US Army
Old Esci US Infantry with two old trucks a brand new Italeri Quick build Jeep and  Grubby Tank 57mm gun. The gun and jeep need finishing off and I should really repaint the trucks but I will finish the new stuff first.( I glued the prone figures tot he bases before flocking - what a mistake )



My plan is to complete one battalion at a time per nation so I can use them in smaller games solo at home.

I'm off to Auckland for work for a week so in that lovely spare time in the evenings (no dishes, no bedtime stories, no garden watering) I plan to finish another 4 Confederate Regiments.

No comments: