Sunday, December 17, 2017

Scratchbuilt Fantasy Building

I am currently in the process of repairing my 15mm Hougonmont and Le Haye Sainte which are Pireme Publishing card stock buildings. That shall be another post but it did spark my desire to complete several other projects that have long been on the back burner.


Marksman Gaming posted a tutorial some time ago on how he makes his Tudor Cottages. Seeing as I had nothing to do and wanted to practice\learn myself I decided to give one try. One small project I  have is to build some fantasy\medieval town buildings and my Zvedza fortress, as such I need buildings.



 The only building I have made before is the effort below some 10 years ago, not the prettiest thing I might add. Horrible actually but  I guess by 2037 I should be able to make something half decent.


The frames cut out per the recommendation.


Hey Presto - glue gun action, coffee stirrers. matchsticks and PVA glue later the frame is completed.


 I could knock this together in an evening so I was quite pleased with myself. I do want to make some more and all I had left was to paint it and see what it looked like in the light of day. A few glaring errors and improvements needed (Not sure why I used matchsticks) but cheap, recycled and easy to make. They will suit the purpose I want them for so that is good enough for me !


Of course I did try some other things too such as a 1/72 siege tower. I just needed something and this was better than anything else I had.








4 comments:

Archduke Piccolo said...

A fine beginning, Paul. One can never have too many buildings.

Jacko said...

I have four others to make (For my fortress town) so I shall pay more attention to what I am doing next time.

Cheers Ion,

Chasseur said...

Nice cottage Paul! I too made some like that many years ago, but now decided to reward myself with premade ones! Couldn't face the scratchbuiling after all the painting...

Jacko said...

I was suprised but I guess having a template to work off was a big bonus. I will be making three or for more of these and I plan to get them made in one evening, then painted over the following two evenings.

Cheers